Datum: 16 jun, 2021
Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care (SSAI) have arranged biannual conferences for many years, and the next one was planned to take place in Oslo June 16th – 18th 2021. Due to the COVID pandemic this congress has been postponed for one year and will take place in Oslo June 8th – 10th 2022. Save the dates!
On June 16th this year, the start date for the original congress we will arrange a Webinar from 12 noon to 4 PM. The webinar will be free of charge. All are welcome to join the webinar, SSAI members as well as physicians and other health care personnel from any country.
The theme of the Webinar will be: The COVID-19 pandemic: How do we cope, and how do we move forward? The focus will be on our specialty as anaesthesiologists and intensivists since we have had major challenges during the last year. Indeed, many health care workers have died or become severely ill, others have suffered from an extreme overload of work.
Topics that will be discussed:
- Virus biology and vaccines
- Experiences with handling Covid-19 patients in the ICU and intermediary care units. Colleagues from each of the Nordic countries and one from Great Britain will discuss this.
- Research during the pandemic: We have seen small and low-quality studies giving rise to extensive use of for instance hydroxychloroquine and other drugs in the beginning of the pandemic, but also rapid establishment of large, randomized clinical trials with high quality research (WHO Solidarity and others) guiding us to a research- based approach to treatment. There have been many controversies, and we have also seen a rapid rise in published results before peer-review accompanied with press releases. Discussion panel.
- How did we cope? Studies on how health care personnel have tackled the pandemicwill be presented, and preventive measures discussed
- Learned lessons from this pandemic to be better prepared for the next. Discussionpanel.
On behalf of the program committee SSAI 2021/2022 Tor Inge Tønnessen, Congress president SSAI 2021/2022
Use this link to register for free. You will then get a mail with all the login details for the Webinar.